Executive Presence is often not discussed as part of performance reviews or even 360 feedback, but is an unspoken necessity to be perceived as ready for the C-Suite. Even this article I link to “Are you a Leader Struggling with Executive Presence” only speaks to the physical attributes of how you show up to give presentations which alone won’t cut it. Contrary to executive coaches or image specialists who work mostly on the external presence, only a few will discuss the internal presence which I find is more critical. Want to learn more? Read on…
Write down your answers to these questions which qualify how you will project yourself into our community
- Why do I lead and what type of leader am I?
- What am I most passionate about
- What am I willing to put money down on that if we followed would make a difference
- How do I see the world differently
- What do I believe in that I would pursue, even if I wasn’t paid for this work.
I never had coaching while I was in corporate (so many of us don’t get that opportunity) and it was only after I sought coaches as a business owner that I arrived at presence. How do I know I “arrived”. Every time I show up at a networking event, introduce myself on a new team or speak on a podcast, I have the same talking points and people know what I stand for:
- I guide C-Suite Leaders of Today and Tomorrow to navigate challenges with confidence
- I do this because I want them to struggle less and do more of the things they want to for themselves or with family, friends and community
- I assess organizations through the CEO’s Compass with focus on Peace of Mind vs. Results to get back on track
When I show up now, people will actually comment I have great presence. They love how I introduce myself and they know what I’m about. This can be you as well.
Write down your responses to the questions you pose and ask yourself if you have clarity? Could you talk about these insights every time you show up? Does it give you confidence when you speak?
Post your responses in a prominent place to remind yourself. Practice applying them. What response did you get from the audience you were trying to influence?
If this exercise intrigues you, but you’re still not sure how to apply, send me your responses and I can leave you a voice message on my thoughts. You can also DM me on Linkedin. Are you ready to take action? I’m here to support you.
Conclusion: You don’t need a new haircut, wardrobe or communication training until you understand who you are and why you exist to make a difference. The rest is complementary to the entire package of executive presence.
If you find this article helpful, I would be forever grateful if you shared with a friend. I can also subscribe them to the newsletter if you give me permission. Just message me back.
Wishing you happiness, health and great memories as we enter the holiday season.
- Thank you for reaching the bottom of my article! Can I be of more service to you?If you just want to connect with me and see how I can support you in a business or personal setback, let’s have a conversation.
- If you’re interested in learning more about Curling, my Podcast, my book , my blog or general information about my resources, click on each of the links to learn more.
- For more support, read on for details about the next Drop In CEO Collective coming in January.